student

yeh this is my schools little and unique experemint.

Monday, May 16, 2005

grading

I think that we should NOT be graded on number of posts or number of visits and not the portfolio because that is lame be graded on work that is posted when some of us dont even have any work worth looking at. i think we should be graded on CONTENT and our willingness to participate in the blogging activities but that is my feed back to the grading and i am most likely to fail this class. or we should seek a balance between number of posts and content of those posts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy McKeand said...

I can see why you would not want to be graded on the number of posts made. WHy make posts if there is nothing to say? That would make blogging as much a waste of time as a lot of other school activities.

I am confused, though, as to why you would think none of the work for your portfolio is worth looking at. Surely if you have put something of yourself into your work, it is worth reading. It may not be great, but it is definitely worth looking at.

And you talk about being graded on content and participation. I wonder how you would grade the content. What basis would you use to say that some content is good and other not so good?

Granted, I am not your teacher, so I have nothing to say about any of this beyond making idle comments. I think you have some good ideas. You just need to develop them more. Tell us why you think you shouldn't be graded on number of posts, for instance. This is your forum, your chance to make your voice heard. Make the most of it!

5/16/2005 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home